In the Spotlight: Rick Scott

In the Spotlight is an opportunity for the campus community to get to know one another better. The goal is to build Eastern’s community by becoming familiar with the faces of faculty and staff members.

Date: 4/2/12

Name: Rick Scott

Title: Coordinator of Club Sports

Department: Campus Recreation

Number of years at Eastern: 3rd year of employment, 5 years as an undergraduate.

Brief personal/professional description: I graduated from EWU in 2004 with a degree in Exercise Science, and received my Masters of Sports Science in Sports Management from the United States Sports Academy in Daphne, Ala., in 2009. This is my third year as the Coordinator of Club Sports at EWU. I help manage game schedules, practices schedules, events, purchasing of equipment, budgets, websites, fundraising, travel and the formation of new sport clubs. I like to do anything that involves sports or having fun. Life is too short to be wasted.

Favorite book: I May Be Wrong, but I Doubt It by Charles Barkley. He is hilariously straightforward.

Favorite movie: I like anything that can make me laugh nonstop, Dumb and Dumber does it every time.

Favorite restaurant: I have only eaten there a few times, but Spencer’s is great. The filet mignon is like butter.

Favorite quote: I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed – Michael Jordan.

Favorite vacation: I go to Vegas every year for the first few rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament. Friends, gambling, beer and basketball; there is nothing better.

Volunteer activities: I volunteer for a few alumni events every year, I have helped cook meals for the Ronald McDonald house, I also help out at the food bank.

Awards received within the past five years: I was awarded a full-time position at EWU; that’s the only one I need.

If I could do anything today I would: Buy a new boat, find some nice weather and relax on the water.

Comments

1. Tracey McHenry says

I am not necessarily proud of this, but Dumb and Dumber is one of my favorite movies of all time.

2. Mike Campitelli says

Getting a full time job at EWU is all I need? Who’s you know what is he kissing! He should have mentioned he won the summer golf league “C” Flight championship last summer