As a reminder, the Student Technology Fee Committee is still accepting proposals for the 2012-13 award year. Although the initial deadline was January 7, 2013, it has been decided the proposal system will remain open for one additional week. The new deadline has been adjusted; therefore, review of current submissions will begin immediately and all other proposals will be due no later than January 11, 2013 – 11:59PM. Please visit http://techfee.ewu.edu/proposals to submit a proposal.
2012-13 Proposal Schedule:
- November 21: Call for proposals
- November 21: Online proposal system opens
- January 7: Initial review begins
- January 11: Proposal Deadline – system closes
- January: Proposal site visits
- February: Award decisions made
- March through May: ASEWU and Board of Trustees consider and approve budget
- June/July: Disbursement of awards
Proposals submitted for consideration should focus on helping students further their education and research goals outside of the classroom. Examples of funded proposals include: student-funded anti-virus, online network storage, checkout equipment, and General Access Computer Labs. Before submitting a proposal, please ensure you review the TechFee Program Intent.
The Techfee is a quarterly fee that supplements funding of general use technology for every EWU student. The committee allocates these funds and expects to distribute approximately $170,000 this year.
For more information, please visit http://access.ewu.edu/techfee.xml.
Please direct any and all questions to:
Greg Crary, Vice Chair
109 Huston Hall Cheney, WA 99004