Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs Selected

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that Dr. Charles Lopez will be joining Eastern Washington University as the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs.  Dr. Lopez is currently the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs at Stephen F. Austin State University (SFA).  He has worked in higher education administration at Tulane University and Utah State University and has more than 20 years of experience in senior leadership positions.

Dr. Lopez earned his Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, an M.Ed. in Mental Health Counseling, and a B.B.A. in Management.  His dissertation focused on factors affecting the academic success of veterans.  Dr. Lopez will join EWU in summer 2013.

Stephen F. Austin State University’s student profile is similar to EWU’s, and Dr. Lopez’s experience with programming in student affairs and his work on student success and transitional issues will be an asset as EWU continues to forge new ways to foster and improve the success of its students.  Dr. Lopez noted, “During my campus visit, I enjoyed meeting many faculty and staff dedicated to student success.  It is evident that students are the number one priority at Eastern.  EWU’s commitment to affordability, accessibility, and academic success is demonstrated in its strategic plan, academic programs, and services for students.  I look forward to my arrival on campus, and to becoming a part of the “Start Something Big” team.”

Best,

Rex 

Dr. Rex Fuller
Provost and VPAA