Work Order Administration within Facilities and Planning is offered to Eastern Washington University faculty, students, and staff in an effort to expedite, monitor and track maintenance, repair (discretionary and non-discretionary), custodial and trucking services, and disposal of surplus property throughout the various locations of Eastern Washington University.
There are three ways to request work.
- Telephone – (509) 359-2245
- E-mail – email@example.com
Your on-line request requires important information so please be specific in your request. Your request will be submitted to the queue immediately. An e-mail will be sent to you confirming receipt. If you do NOT receive a confirmation email please call (509) 359-2245.
Emergency Service Requests
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
In the event of an emergency repair which poses immediate danger to personnel or property, i.e. flooding, a broken window, electrical short, please call 509-359-2245. This is a 24 hour service telephone number. If no one answers, please follow the instructions on the recording. Your phone call will be redirected to someone who will answer the phone and/or return your call immediately.
Chargeback policies for repair and maintenance requests
- Work orders submitted for repair and maintenance work will be charged to a Facilities index. The labor and materials costs for this work will not be charged to a departmental index.
- Work orders submitted for discretionary work, actual labor and material costs will be charged to the department index number provided by the requestor at the time of the request. “Discretionary” work includes special requests for custom painting, minor carpentry work, signage, nametags, and bulletin boards etc. If a department is being charged, Facilities will provide to the requestor an estimate for the labor and material costs based on the scope of work specified in the work order prior to the work being performed.
- The determination on whether a department will be charged for a non-maintenance request submitted to Facilities or whether the cost will be expensed to a Facilities index will be based on the nature of the request service.