Things to watch for as work on Martin Luther King Jr. Way advances:
- Monday, March 14: Spokane Falls Boulevard will have lane restrictions. It will be reduced to one lane each way.
- Sometime March 14-28: Pine Street will be closed and will remain closed.
- Monday, March 28 through Monday, May 15: Spokane Falls Boulevard from Division to Hamilton and Main Avenue from Division to Pine will be closed to traffic with local access only.
- Students/staff/faculty are defined as local traffic and will be permitted to access campus only for purposes of reaching parking lots on the east end of campus or Riverpoint Boulevard on the east/west ends of campus.
- When Spokane Falls Boulevard is closed, access to parking on the east and south sides of the South Campus Facility will be through the Schade Tower parking lot.
- Access to the Sirti Tech Center will be via the parking lot just east of the Vet Clinic.
- Avoid all construction zones. Even if you don’t see fencing or signage you should not walk in construction areas or on torn-up streets, sidewalks or paths.
- Pedestrians who park on the south side of campus and cross Spokane Falls Boulevard are asked to use the crosswalks either at Schade Tower or at the Vet Clinic—not the one between the two at Sherman.
- Riverpoint Boulevard may be used by a heavier volume of drivers who ignored the “local traffic only” sign and are seeking an alternate route to/from downtown. Be careful crossing the street.