Eastern Washington University’s latest Life After Eastern Survey reveals EWU graduates continue to find success across all sectors of the job market, from high tech to health care.
The annual survey reveals where Eastern’s alumni are and what they are doing within the first year of graduation. This year, 2,146 alumni from the class of 2016 were surveyed with a 32 percent response rate.
Among the highlights:
- 93 percent of EWU alumni are either employed full-time, part-time, in graduate school or both – this is up six percent from last year, which was well above the national average
- 57 percent of those who responded reporting having at least one internship while they were in college, reflecting the importance of gaining hands-on experience before graduating
- EWU alumni employed full-time are also making good salaries:
- 20 percent make $60,000 or more
- 16 percent make $50,000 or more
- 22 percent make $40,000 or more
Survey respondents reported finding jobs in the health care industry (17 percent), engineering (13 percent) and human services (8 percent). And Eastern alumni are finding good jobs at well-known local and national companies such as Microsoft, Boeing, Avista, Nike, Century Link, Itron, Providence Health & Services, Jubilant HollisterStier, STCU and Boise Cascade.