With the help of many community partners, KSPS Public Television is hosting The Wall That Heals, a 250-foot replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, along with a Mobile Education Center.
KSPS is requesting volunteers to greet visitors, help locate names in The Wall directory, guide visitors to locations on The Wall, listen to a story and lend a shoulder when needed. Volunteer support for this event is an essential part of The Wall experience and a rewarding way for you to be engaged, show your support and honor those who served.
- Volunteer shifts begin Wednesday, Aug. 23, at 4 p.m. through Sunday, Aug. 27 until 4 p.m. – 4 days
- Shifts are available in 4 hour blocks of time. Signing up for multiple shifts is encouraged!
- Pay close attention to a.m. and p.m. shift times. The Wall will be staffed 24 hours each day.
- Throughout the event, a minimum of 3 volunteers/staff will be on hand to assist visitors.
- Volunteer orientation is on Wednesday, Aug. 23 at 5:30 p.m. (Please plan to attend)
- Orientation includes how to look up names on wall, logistics and education center resources.
- Volunteers receive T-shirt at start of shift and breaks throughout.