Eastern Washington University will graduate almost 3,200 students during commencement ceremonies Saturday, June 16, at the Spokane Arena.
This year, Eastern has 2,642 undergraduate (bachelor’s) and 534 graduate (master’s and doctoral) students are eligible to attend commencement.
Eastern will host two ceremonies during the day, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The morning ceremony will include graduates from the following colleges:
- The College of Arts, Letters & Education (CALE)
• The College of Health Science & Public Health (CHSPH)
• The College of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (CSTEM)
The afternoon ceremony will include graduates from the following colleges:
- The College of Business and Public Administration (CBPA)
• The College of Social Sciences (CSS)
Doors open for guest seating an hour before each ceremony begins.
This is the third straight year EWU has utilized the Spokane Arena for graduation ceremonies. It allows the university to provide a consistent, high-quality family experience with greater efficiencies and without the yearly concerns about weather and logistics.
Eastern continues to hold commencement-related activities, such as the various college honors ceremonies and receptions, on the Cheney campus for students and families the week preceding graduation.