- Enhancing the educational experiences of students with disabilities
- Fostering an environment in which all are identified as part of the tapestry of diversity at EWU
- Providing support for persons with disabilities, in collaboration with Disability Support Services
- Promoting a universally-accessible campus environment for people from all backgrounds
- Collaborating with the university community to enhance resources for people with disabilities
- Providing a Interdisciplinary Studies Certificate program/classes at the graduate and undergraduate levels
What are the degree options?
Disability Studies is a multidisciplinary field drawing from humanities, liberal arts and the sciences, and is taught by faculty from multiple fields and disciplines. The Disability Studies Certificate program, offered at the undergraduate and graduate levels, educates students to develop an understanding of disability, disability culture and people with disabilities as inclusive members of society. The program’s emphasis on universal access complements the university’s mission to prepare its graduates to live and work in a diverse society.