As we are now in peak cold and flu season, it is essential that everyone do their part in reducing the spread of germs and illness.
Symptoms of the flu commonly include fever/chills, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headaches, fatigue, and some people may experience vomiting and diarrhea. No one wants to get caught with this illness so here are some quick tips to reduce the chances of you getting sick this season.
- Get a yearly flu shot. EWU students can get theirs free at Multicare Rockwood Student Health Center!
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- When sick, limit contact with other people as much as possible (self-isolate).
- Wash hands with soap and water often, especially before eating.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that may be infected with germs like flu.
If you notice any signs or symptoms, contact the Multicare Rockwood Student Health Center at (509) 235-6151 to set up an appointment or visit the walk-in clinic.