In an earlier tip I described how to position the search box in your navigation bar of your Genesis-powered WordPress site at EWU. Today I’d like to expand on this to include positioning the date, RSS, or even your Twitter account in addition to the search form discussed earlier. Below I’ve attempted to illustrate that depending on your choice, you can display completely different functionality located in the very same position on the primary navigation bar by simply enabling the right side extras and making a selection.
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Genesis > Theme Settings.
- Locate the Primary Navigation window and check the box called Enable Extras on Right Side.
- Lastly make your selection of functionality from the drop down menu preceded by Display the following.
- Click the Save Settings button.