Course Inventory Management
All courses are proposed, edited or banked through Course Inventory Management. You can login with your EWU SSO.
Preparing a proposal
The submitter is expected to provide a justification for the new course. In preparing this, consider the following questions:
- Is this course part of an existing or proposed program?
- Is this course an elective?
- If so, is it for more than one program?
- Was this course an experimental course for 3 terms?
Prior to inputting a CIM course submission, familiarize yourself with the information expected for each form field and prepare any additional materials that might be needed.
Proposing a new course
After you log in, you will be directed to the CIM home. Here you can propose a new course—either one that has not been in the catalog before or one to replace an existing course.
- Click Propose New Course. A New Course Proposal form will open in a new window.
- Complete all areas where the boxes are outlined in red. See Course Form Fields for details.
- You have three options for saving changes:
- Save & Submit - saves your changes and submits the proposal for review, starting the workflow.
- Save Changes - saves your changes without submitting.
- Cancel - discards your changes.
An email is sent to notify each person in the workflow that a task in CIM is waiting his or her review. As only one email is sent, it is the responsibility of the submitter to follow the proposal and make sure each step in the workflow is complete on time.
All departments and programs that are affected by the proposal are included in the CIM approval process. The CIM system flags any additional approvals needed and notifies departments impacted by the proposed change.
If modification is needed during the approval process, this can be handled by one of the following methods.
Graduate course modifications
For graduate courses, you must respond to CPAC questions within two weeks or else the proposal will rollback to the start of the workflow.
If the new course is intended to replace an existing course, please contact Heather Veeder or Roberta Brooke to determine when it is appropriate to bank the old course. This ensures CPAC understands the full scope of the proposed changes.