Eagle F.A.M. is designed to Familiarize, Affirm, and show our students of color that they Matter (F.A.M).
September 17-19, 2019
The 2nd Annual Eagle F.A.M. is a collaborative program brought to you by Housing and Residential Life and the Multicultural Center with sponsorship from many departments across campus. Eagle F.A.M. is a three day immersive experience that brings 70 students of color living on campus to move-in three days early. The purpose of Eagle F.A.M. is to empower our first-year students of color to engage in leadership opportunities, to learn how and where to ask for help, and to develop a sense of community building; giving them place, voice, and a sense of belonging.
Students who participate in Eagle F.A.M. will:
- Know how and when to access support services on-campus
- Connect with staff and faculty of color on the EWU campus
- Build relationships with peers before classes begin
- Gain a sense of belonging to the EWU community
- Learn how to engage in self-advocacy