Our Herbert B. Jones Foundation grant generously funds five travel scholarships per year. Applications will be evaluated by a committee comprised of faculty who are affiliated with the Center for Entrepreneurship. The award pays for the cost of registration for the Experiential Classroom, your room at the event hotel, and airfare between Spokane, Washington and Tampa, Florida. (Food is provided as part of the event.) If you are not selected for the travel award, but wish to attend at your own expense, we would be happy to make introductions to the appropriate University of Tampa person who runs the program. Applications will be evaluated and prioritized based upon the following criteria:
- Quality: Our goal is for Eastern Washington University to be nationally recognized in developing entrepreneurial students. Courses that best support this goal will be preferred.
- Clear, pithy language will always strengthen an application.
- Fit: We will prefer course designs that can sensibly be approved as new electives for students completing the entrepreneurship major or minor.
- Vision: We will prefer applications with a clear vision for contributing to the entrepreneurial capabilities, skills, and thought processes of EWU students.
- Variety: We prefer to distribute travel awards to multiple colleges, all other things being relatively equal.
- Learning Contribution: We will prefer courses that are not significantly redundant with other available offerings.
- Expertise: We will prefer courses that truly leverage and build upon the expertise of the college or department from which they will be offered.
- Availability: We will prefer applications that make a commitment to regularly offering the course, and to getting it listed in the EWU course catalog within one year of attending the Experiential Classroom training.
- Accessibility: The potential for students from different educational backgrounds to take the course. Courses with fewer prerequisites will typically be preferred over those with more extensive prerequisite requirements.