The Eastern Washington Area Health Education Center (EWAHEC) is offering an online course “Introduction to Teaching Health Science as a Career Pathway”. The course was offered as a pilot in the summer of 2017 and has been adjusted and improved.
The course takes approximately one hour per day across two weeks for a total of ten hours. The EWAHEC is working with the OSPI to provide clock hours to teachers for taking the course.
Spring 2019 Session: 4/8-4/19/2019
- Learn about the range of health care careers available.
- Learn to effectively advise students in healthcare career options.
- Demonstrate understanding of the National Consortium of Health Science Standards and Accountability Criteria including areas of heath careers, communication, legal and medical ethics, wellness, teamwork, human growth and development, mental health, nutrition, infection control, and vital signs.
- Participate in various learning activities using Common Core Standards.
- Describe, analyze, and evaluate various teaching methods/techniques and curricula for health science education.
CLASS IS FULL!