How to Apply
Apply for EWU Admission at least 48 hours in advance of your scholarship application to obtain your NET ID. Using your NET ID and password, click the Apply Now! button below to complete your scholarship application.
What You Need to Apply
***BE PREPARED*** Submit all necessary items to ensure your application is complete and considered for awards.
- Academic Transcripts: 1) High School Transcript: For 2018 high school graduates and students with fewer than 40 college credits; 2) EWU transcript(s), including running start and 3) all former college transcripts, including running start. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Essays: Response to 5 essays = 1) reasons for major & plans/future goals; 2) details on volunteer/community service, 3) challenges on your journey to college; 4) plans for funding higher education and 5) why you should be selected for a scholarship.
- Biology Majors ONLY: Recommendations from at least two faculty members. Ensure you give your recommender ample time to complete this requirement before the due date.
- Biology Majors ONLY: Essay detailing your experience with scientific research, teaching, lab experience, clubs/organizations and career goals in the field.
- Business Majors ONLY: Current resume and cover letter.
- Communication Disorders Majors ONLY: Essay (as applicable) explaining your interest in working in public schools or with persons with disabilities. Also, essay on what experiences influenced your decision to pursue a master's degree.
Who Should Apply
Eligibility requirements for EWU scholarship awards vary depending on criteria specified by the donor. In most cases, recipients must have a minimum 2.80 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
Any student meeting the minimum GPA requirement who is either enrolled in a degree-seeking program or has submitted an admissions application to EWU may be considered for an award. This includes undergraduate, post baccalaureate, master's and doctoral students.
When to Apply
EWU scholarship applications annually become available by November 1 and are due the following February 1. The deadline for the 2018-2019 EWU scholarship application is February 1, 2018.
- November 1: 2018-19 application available
- January 15: Apply for 2018-19 Admission to EWU
- February 1: 2018-19 application deadline
- mid February: 2018-19 scholarship review begins
- April: 2018-19 notification to those selected for a scholarship
Because EWU strives to recognize and reward all deserving students, only one general university scholarship will be awarded per qualifying student.
- Continuing Undergraduate and All Master's/Doctoral EWU Students: Check with your major department for additional, program specific opportunities and deadlines or visit Major/Program Specific Options.
- All Students: Frequently visit our main scholarships page for an on-going list of current scholarship options, information on Washington State scholarships, and links to scholarship websites that have even more opportunities.