Since 2012, Giving Tuesday is an annual, global event on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, dedicated to encouraging people to give back to the causes they care about. EWU is proud to participate with our campaign, Giving Joy Day, Nov. 28, 2017.
We are spreading joy in our communities and raising $250,000 for EWU student scholarships and all areas of need.
- Give a gift of any amount to any areas that are most important to you.
- Become a Giving Joy Day Social Media Ambassador to help us spread the word and the joy! Call 509.359.4550 for details.
- Even if you’re not an official Giving Joy Day Social Media Ambassador, you may reach out to your network on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, LinkedIn and email to spread the message of #GivingJoyDay and encourage your friends to make a gift and spread the word – and the JOY!
- Challenge friends and colleagues! Nothing is more fun than some competitive spirit in the office. Share with them that you gave, and the first five people to join you will get coffee on you tomorrow morning!
- Challenge your competitors! Whether you are a bank, an insurance company or represent a department on one of Eastern’s campuses, make a friendly wager with your colleagues to inspire awesome! “Our department can raise more than yours, and if we do, we get to ….”
- Have fun and use this day to inspire acts of kindness in our community.
- Note: Don’t worry about asking your friends for money or what to post on social media/emails! Feel free to share our social media posts all day, Nov. 28.
If you are making a gift to the Eagle Athletic Fund (EAF), please consult your financial adviser for the appropriate deductible of your gift.
Large corporate matches will match your gift, dollar for dollar, but may not match the exact fund in which your donation is specified. For example, some corporations have EWU scholarship funds that they will increase, thanks to your generosity. Other corporate matches may be directed exclusively to the EWU University Scholarship Fund. Due to the intricate, financial processing nature of Giving Joy Day, we may not be able to communicate ongoing match opportunity specifics throughout the day. Throughout Giving Joy Day, individuals using social media, email or text may challenge friends, family and coworkers to join them in supporting specific funds (e.g., Computer Science Alumni Endowed Scholarship or Teachers for Teachers Fund); however, they must include a link to the specific EWU donation page or provide the correct name of the fund, which donors may include in the “comments” section of the online giving form.
All gifts contributed on Nov. 28, 2017, to any EWU Foundation fund are eligible to count toward our Giving Joy Day goal. If you would like to support our University Scholarship Fund and/or know the fund(s) you wish to support, please make your gift(s) on our Giving Joy Day giving page. For a longer list of areas to support, visit our Support EWU page and click the button under “Designations.”
Nov. 28, 2017 – any time during that 24-hour period or when stated corporate matches reach their maximum dollar-for-dollar challenge – whichever comes first.
Giving Joy Day corporate matches align with the 24-hour day of Nov. 28, 2017.
Contact Lisa Poplawski, firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.359.4555.
No. Only dollars collected in cash, check or credit/debit card on Nov. 28, 2017, will be counted for Giving Joy Day contributions.
First payments on pledges on Nov. 28, 2017 (collected in cash, check or credit/debit card) will be counted for Giving Joy Day contributions; however, we welcome pledges that will continue to support student success throughout the year.
No. We appreciate your gift, and our records will reflect your donation(s), just as corporations will be credited for their donations.
Yes. On Nov. 28, 2017, you may make a one-time donation online to count toward the Giving Joy Day total.
Yes! We encourage you to use #GivingJoyDay in your social media posts.