The Graduate Studies Office sponsors a Travel Award to help support graduate students who will be presenting papers or posters at meetings of professional organizations.
- The awards will be for a maximum of $500 per student or $1,200 for groups of 3 or more.
- Total funding available for all applications is $3,000 for fall quarter and $2,000 each for winter and spring quarters, for a total of $7,000 for the academic year. Apply as soon as possible.
- REQUIREMENTS: Graduate students who: 1) Have been accepted for candidacy; 2) Have completed at least 45% of the minimum credits for the degree program; 3) Are full-time students and 4) Have a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- If an award applicant or recipient, at any point during the quarter or semester during which the conference or meeting will take place, does not meet one of the above requirements, he or she will no longer be eligible for the travel award. If the conference or meeting takes place during quarter/semester break, the student must be enrolled in the quarter or semester following the dates of travel.
- Conference acceptance required prior to submitting Graduate Student Travel Award Application.
- Applications are due before the travel commences.
- Do not include the name of the applicant or the applicant’s advisor on thr supporting documents (Abstract).
- The student, the student’s advisor and the department chair will be notified by email of the application decision.
- Students employed by EWU will coordinate travel through the department secretary and submit a Travel Authorization form. The department secretary, or other department staff, will obtain an index number from the Administrative Assistant for Graduate Studies. Reimbursement will be made upon return.
- Students not employed by EWU will submit receipts upon return of travel to the department secretary. The department secretary will prepare an invoice voucher for reimbursement to the student. Graduate Studies will prepare the purchase requisition.
- The Graduate Studies Office will provide approved funding after department and/or college funding have been applied.