Brief Program Outline: Students
- EWU HS students must be sophomores, juniors or seniors.
- There are no GPA requirements.
- Some of our courses do have a prerequisite, for example:
- Math, English, and Biology require a placement test.
- EWU Running Start covers the cost of testing fees.
- Eligible students are able to enroll in as many courses per semester as offered on your campus.
- There is no cost to schools.
- If your school qualified for the iGrant to subsidize up to 10 credits for 11th/12th graders, EWU will bill for the amount subsidized.
- If no subsidy is available or students exceed the 10 credit limit, EWU bills students $65 per credit.
- EWU HS allows you to keep your students on campus.
- EWU HS students have access to the EWU Library, Writer’s Center, and online tutoring services.
Brief Program Outline: Teachers
- Email their resume, cover letter, letter of reference, and unofficial transcripts to the Running Start office.
- Work with EWU faculty members on course requirements.
- EWU faculty visits teachers at least once during the semester in which the college course is taught for the first year and then once a semester thereafter.
- Attend teacher training day at EWU in June.
How to get EWU in the High School on your campus:
- Submit to the Running Start office a School Interest Form.
- Choose the classes you would like to see from the Current Course Offerings.
- Have your qualified teachers email their resume, cover letter, letter of reference, and unofficial transcripts to the Running Start office.
- Once approved your teachers will work with EWU professors to get EWU courses in your high school.
- Sign and return the EWU in the High School MOU (contract) as soon as possible once received.
Download the Partner Handbook for complete program information.