- Request an Application from your high school counselor: Ensure that your high school counselor signs the application to verify grade level and acknowledge your intent to participate.
- Submit Your Transcript and Application: Mail your application and transcript to the Running Start office (Eastern Washington University Running Start 300 Senior Hall, Cheney, WA 99004). If you have not met the 3.3 cumulative GPA requirement, please submit your test scores from either SAT, ACT or PSAT tests for consideration.Students are encouraged to apply before May for the upcoming year.
- Application Review: The Running Start office will review your application materials and notify you of your admission status by mail.
- Placement Testing: Upon admission, students will receive all relevant information about the English and math placement tests.The placement tests determine appropriate placement in specific EWU courses.Running Start covers these testing fees.
- Advising: Upon receiving placement results, the Running Start office will notify students about scheduling their initial advising appointment.
- Student/Parent Orientation: During the last week of August, the Running Start office hosts an orientation session for new Running Start students and their parents.The Running Start office will notify you of your orientation date.
- Campus tour
- Detailed information about Running Start and EWU in general
- Opportunities to meet fellow Running Start students
- Faculty/staff speakers
EagleCards are more than just a student ID and are good for:
- Free travel on STA buses
- Gaining admission to all EWU-sponsored events
- Access to recreation center facilities with Eagle Flex, it can be used like a debit card to pay for items on campus and at select local businesses
EWU hosts seminars on the EWU campus and at local high schools to answer questions about Running Start. Check the calendar for the date of the next scheduled information night. To request an information night at your school, please contact Brenda Blazekovic.