Students may take EWU in the High School courses at their high school for a tuition fee. While enrolled in EWU HS classes, students are effectively enrolled in an on-campus EWU course. Students are held to the same academic and behavioral standards as any EWU Student. You may be required to purchase textbooks for a course.
The curriculum used in EWU HS classes is the same as the curriculum in an on-campus class at EWU. Each participating EWU academic department provides support to the high school teachers including mentorship with a faculty coordinator, curriculum alignment, and other support necessary to ensure that EWU HS course matches the EWU course and students have a smooth transition from high school to college. We adhere to the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnership (NACEP) standards.
- A high school student enrolled in EWU HS can graduate high school with college transcript credits, all of which would transfer directly to Eastern Washington University and most other state colleges and universities.
- High school students experience college-level curriculum in their high school classroom.
- Students can remain 100% active in their high school and do not have to travel to a local college or university campus.
- Students will work with their high school teachers in the familiarity of their high schools.
- Students earn college credit while working toward high school graduation requirements.
- Course cost hundreds of dollars less than standard college tuition.
- In contrast to AP courses, students can be assured to earn college credit upon successful completion of a course, instead of relying on AP or other test scores.
- EWU HS students have full access to EWU services such as the library, Writer’s Center, and online tutoring while enrolled in courses.
- Sophomore, junior, or senior in high school
- No ACT or SAT score requirements
- No GPA requirement
- Some courses require placement testing
- Any course prerequisites
How do I sign up?
- Talk to your high school counselor to make sure that EWU HS is right for you and what courses are offered on your high school campus.
- Work with your participating teacher to enroll and register for courses.
- Go to class!
Tuition and Fees
The cost of EWU in the High School courses is $65.00 per credit. Some high schools do have subsidy funding to allow juniors and seniors to take up to 10 credits at no cost. Contact your high school to see if they have subsidy money available to help offset the cost.
EWU pays for all placement testing and course fees. There may be a textbook purchase requirement depending upon the course.
Download the Student Handbook for complete program information.