Want to teach EWU in the High School courses on your high school campus? Simply follow these steps to get started:
- Submit to the Running Start office a School Interest Form.
- Email your resume, cover letter, letter of reference, and unofficial transcripts to Melinda Bowman.
- If you are a math applicant you must also fill out a math application. Please note that math applications are not currently being accepted for the 2018-2019 year.
- Once your application materials are received, they are delivered to the corresponding department for approval.
- When approved, you will receive two welcome emails from the Running Start office.
- You will be teamed with a faculty coordinator to learn the EWU curriculum requirements, develop syllabi and assessments, and attend the training day in June at EWU.
- You will have at least one site visit per course per year.
- Attend EWU in the High School training.
- Attend discipline specific orientations and trainings as required by the department, college, or by the Running Start office.
- Work with the Running Start office to schedule and assist with any placement or other testing requirements established by EWU departments.
- Work with assigned faculty coordinator to create an appropriate syllabus for the course.
- Ensure that the course taught through the EWU in the High School/College in the High School programs meet the content and rigor requirements of the same course taught in an on campus environment as well as assessment criteria.
- Assist students with registration in conjunction with the Running Start office.
- Monitor class rosters and notify the Running Start office of any changes in enrollment.
- Advise students in the high school about course expectations and help students make informed decisions about participation in concurrent enrollment programs.
- Participate in the on site evaluation process with the faculty coordinator
Work with the faculty coordinator to provide the required assessment to the university/departments.
- Assess all student work as required to create and enter appropriate university grades into the university system by deadlines.
- Perform all administrative responsibilities in a manner and timeframe consistent with EWU policies and procedures.
Download the Instructor Handbook for complete program information.