For a list of current department instructor qualifications, please visit our Instructor Qualifications Page.
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts
Mathematics: Please fill out the Mathematics Application instead of submitting the individual documents listed above. the mathematics department is no longer accepting applications for the 2018-19 academic year.
*If we already have a partnership with your high school, you do not need to submit a School Interest Form.
- Attend EWU in the High School Orientation (mandatory).
- Attend discipline specific orientations and annual professional development as required by the academic department (mandatory).
- Work with the EWU in the High School office to schedule and assist with any placement testing established by EWU departments.
- Work with an assigned faculty coordinator/mentor to create an appropriate syllabus for the EWU course.
- Ensure that the course taught through the EWU in the High School program meets the content and rigor requirements of the same course taught in an on-campus environment as well as assessment criteria.
- Align syllabus with the EWU department standards. The EWU HS Syllabus Template must be used or your syllabus must contain all the same information.
- Assist students with registration in conjunction with the EWU in the High School office.
- Monitor class rosters and notify the EWU in the High School office of any changes in enrollment immediately.
- Advise students in the high school about course expectations and help students make informed decisions about participation in concurrent enrollment programs.
- Participate in the on-site evaluation process with the faculty coordinator/mentor.
- Work with the faculty coordinator/mentor to provide the required assessment to the university/departments. Completed examples will be required.
- Assess all student work as required to create and enter appropriate university grades into the university system by deadlines.
- Have students complete end-of-term course evaluations.
- Perform all administrative responsibilities in a manner and timeframe consistent with EWU policies and procedures.
Download the Instructor Responsibilities Contract