News and Announcements
TIAA Consulting Appointments Available
Appointments are available to meet with EWU’s TIAA financial consultant who can help you create a plan or get you started planning for retirement savings. This is a free service to you! Get answers to questions such as:
- Are my investments a right mix to meet retirement goals?
- Am I saving enough for retirement?
- How will I take income from my account when I stop working?
You can schedule an appointment online at www.TIAA.org/schedulenow or call 1.800.732.8353.
These sessions are available to all employees who participate in TIAA as a retirement plan or through the Voluntary Investment Plan.
Live DRS Webinars Available
The Department of Retirement Systems Education & Outreach team will provide the following webinars January 16th – 18th:
- 8:30am - Returning to work after retirement
- 11:00am - Getting ready for retirement (within two years)
- 1:00pm - Distributions from plan 3 (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- 8:30am - Plan 2 (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- 11:30am - Plan 3 (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- 3:30pm - Applying for retirement (a tutorial for the online application)
- 8:30am - Benefit payment options
- 2:30pm - Washington State Deferred Compensation Program
- 4:00pm - Plan choice (PERS, SERS, TRS)
Please see the webinar schedule for the link to join the webinar. If you plan to attend a webinar, we recommend you join about 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the webinar so you can check your connection and sound. If you are having connection or sound problems, please call (360) 664-7005.