EWU and State News
April is Records and Information Management Month. So what better way to acknowledge this then to attend Records Bootcamp? These are two hour sessions that pack in a variety of topics, such as: basics about records, best practices, archiving, electronic management, public disclosure, and litigation.
Enrollment is already open. We have four sessions that are being held on Tuesday April 24th 9am-11am & 1pm-3pm and on Wednesday April 25th 9am-11am & 1pm-3pm.
Hope to see you there!
2018 Brings Changes for Records Retention
We are planning some big changes in 2018 related to Records & Information Management. Here are some of the changes and ways you can be a part of it:
- New EWU retention schedule to come in the early part of 2018
- Updating FAQ page and trainings
- You can help! Got questions or suggestions of what you would like to see in future trainings. Let me know! I’d love to hear from you.
- New Forms. Transmittal and Box Content has been combined into one form. Formatted to be easier to use. Print friendly for including a copy in the box or for your records.
Stay tuned to find out what else we got going on.
Welcome to the new Records Management website. Here in News you can find: Tips and Tricks, Upcoming Events, and Best Practices articles.
In upcoming months, you will notices changes to the other pages of this site.
- Under Our Responsibility, you can find out the purpose of records management, your role and responsibilities in managing records, my role and responsibilities as the Forms & Records Analyst 2, and how we work together as a team.
- Resources will still have forms and guides, but will also include information regarding the legal requirements for records management and information regarding trainings.
- FAQ page is still available if you can’t find what you are looking for on any of the other pages.
If you are unable to find the answer to your records question, contact Nicole Vermillion by email or phone 509.359.6995.
Also keep on the lookout for the new Retention Schedule coming soon!
Do you have a tips and tricks for maintaining records? Do you know of any upcoming Records & Information events? Let Nicole know and it might appear here in News.