The Office of Information Security's mission is to protect EWU's computer networks and the information that flows over it. To fulfill this mission, our office provides a wide variety of services to the EWU community that help minimize the occurrence and risk of security incidents. We work closely with other higher education institutions, outside security organizations and researchers to keep informed of the latest information security trends.
What We Do
Our office performs the following functions:
- Risk assessments
- Vulnerability scans and penetration tests on our campus systems.
- Monitors our Intrusion Detection System and server/firewall logs.
- Intrusion/security incident response.
- Security Education & Awareness training
- Develop security policies and guidelines
About this site
The Information Security section of the IT site is currently a work-in-progress. As we develop a formal Information Security Program here at EWU, the site will continue to be updated with the most current information.