The Office of Information Security's mission is to protect EWU's computer networks and the information that flows over it. To fulfill this mission, our office provides a wide variety of services to the EWU community that help minimize the occurrence and risk of security incidents. We work closely with other higher-ed institutions, outside security organizations and researchers to keep informed of the latest information security trends.
What We Do
Our office performs the following functions:
- Risk assessments
- Vulnerability scans and penetration tests on our campus systems.
- Monitors our Intrusion Detection System and server/firewall logs.
- Intrusion/security incident response.
- Security Education & Awareness training
- Develop security policies and guidelines
We sift through vulnerability alerts and security news on a daily basis. We post what we feel is most critical with respect to our environment on our News & Alerts page. An RSS feed is also available.
About this site
The Information Security section of the IT site is currently a work-in-progress. As we develop a formal Information Security Program here at EWU, the site will continue to be updated with the most current information.