Reporting incidents involving sensitive data
Any machine that is believed to be compromised and known to store sensitive data should by handled as follows:
- STOP using the system - please do NOT run antivirus scans, patch the system, reboot, power off or unplug any cables. Taking any action on the system may be detrimental to a forensic investigation.
- Immediately call [phone number]. If you are unable to get a response, please try to contact an IT executive staff member. Please also send an email email@example.com.
Reporting Phishing Emails
To display full message headers:
- In Outlook 2010, 2007, or Outlook Web Access (OWA), double-click the message so that it opens in its own window.
- Instructions by version:
Outlook 2010: in the Tags group, click the dialog box launcher (small square with an arrow).
Outlook 2007: in the Options group, click the dialog box launcher (small square with an arrow).
Outlook Web Access (OWA): click the "Message Details" button (the icon is an envelope with a small document over it).
Outlook 2003: from the View menu, select Options... .
- The message headers are at the bottom of the window, in a box labeled "Headers:" or "Internet headers:".
- Copy the content of the headers and paste them into your report email.
Reporting viruses, malware and other incidents
Please report virus/malware infections and other incidents by using the help desk system