Becoming a Web Publisher at Eastern
The content on Eastern's website is created and maintained by faculty, staff and student web publishers across campus using the Ingeniux Web Content Management System or CMS. This editing system can be accessed via a web browser and internet connection, and is designed to be very easy to use. If you can use MS Word, you can create and edit your department's website.
To receive access to the CMS you'll need to:
- Be designated as a web publisher by your department
- Attend training by attending the CMS 101 class available for sign-up on the training scheduler.
After completing the training course, submit a Help Desk ticket with the following information:
- Subject: CMS Access Request
- In the detail description box, please provide these details:
- Full Name
- OneID or EWU ID
- Email Address
- Web Area homepage URL
- Date you completed the required in class training (if you have not completed the training please wait to complete the ticket until training is done)
To watch the CMS Quick Start tutorials go to:
This online course provides information only. It does NOT satisfy the in class training requirement for CMS access.
CMS Documentation: https://wiki.ewu.edu/webdev/Category:CMS
Additional Training Documentation and Resources: http://access.ewu.edu/it/services/it-training/documentation-and-resources.xml
Contact Component - How to create and manage left sidebar contact information
Related Links Component - How to create a Related Links Component (the two red buttons in the left sidebar)