When creating forms and views for your client, there comes a point (especially when creating more than one form/view for them) that it becomes quite helpful to create a “Landing Page” for the client to access all their content.
This is especially helpful when you have created more than one form for the client and also have created a view for each form.
This post explains the process of creating a landing page.
- A current form w/ possible accompanying view for viewing data / downloading entries.
Landing Page Creation Procedure:
- Create a new page. <for help, see page creation KB article>
- Give page appropriate title (e.g. “_Your_Department_” Landing Page)
- Create direct link to form (this is helpful so they always know the URL to link to that form)
- If accompanying view exists, create link to view directly below the previously created form link.
- When creating link for view, wrap the URL to the view in the following SSO login link to ensure the user is prompted to log into WordPress if they aren’t already (i.e. https://sites.ewu.edu/secureforms/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http://sites.ewu.edu/secureforms/view/your_view_url_here)
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for any additional forms / views you wish to create links for.
- Publish this page and send the URL to your client for them to bookmark.
A few important points to note:
- There should be no security roles set for this page so that your client can access the page freely.
- Ensure that the view is secured appropriately with the proper role so that no unauthorized access can be made to view and/or download entries.