Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our equipment overview and accessory kit lists here.
All accessories must be returned with the main piece of equipment by the due date. If not returned, the equipment stays checked out to you until all accessories are returned. If any accessories are returned beyond the due date, overdue charges will accrue.
A limited supply of cables are available for checkout. It’s recommended you call ahead to see what’s available. Dial 509.359.7893.
In order to keep our equipment safe, students are required to take the case provided with the equipment.
Yes, you may use this account to download any free apps:
Note: If you wish to use your own iTunes or iCloud user name and password you must sign out of your personal account prior to returning the iPad.
If you do not, we cannot check the iPad in; you may get charged the $20/day overdue fee for every day we cannot check the iPad back in!
You can use the SD card or the USB cable which is included when you check out the equipment.
- Using USB Cable: Power off your camera, insert one end to your camera and the other end to your computer’s USB port. Power your camera back on and you should see your camera appear as a disk on your desktop.
- Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on your laptop. Your images should appear on your desktop. If you don’t have an SD card slot in your computer, you may find one in the bag with the equipment you checked out or you may check out an adapter at our desk.
Call 509.359.7893 or visit the equipment check out desk for additional help.
Yes! For equipment tips and kit overviews visit this page:
Equipment is not rented. It’s loaned. Equipment costs are covered by the mandatory $35.00 Student Tech Fee paid by all currently enrolled students.
Only you are allowed to checkout equipment using your current Eagle ID with a clear, viewable photo. Although not recommended, it is allowed for a friend to return your equipment. Should the equipment get damaged, lost, or stolen while in the possession of a friend, you are still responsible for the equipment and all associated costs.
Resetting the WiFi Password for GoPro Hero 3 and 3+
- Determine whether the GoPro in question is a Hero 3 or 3+, as shown right below the lens of the device.
- Insert SD Card into the computer; do not connect the GoPro over USB, use a transfer stick.
- Download the reset files for the appropriate model.
- Copy the UPDATE folder within the .zip file to the SD Card of the GoPro
- Ensure GoPro is turned off, remove SD card from computer and put in GoPro.
- Power the GoPro on, it will show UPDATING on the screen if you did this correctly. The GoPro will reboot, but it may take a minute.
* When all is said and done, the network name will reset to "GoProHero", and password reset to "goprohero"
- What type of accessories are included with the main equipment I am checking out?
For troubleshooting services, please call 509.359.7983 or visit the JFK equipment checkout desk.
Borrowing two different types of equipment simultaneously is permitted. However, borrowing more than one of the same type of equipment is not permitted. For example:
- Camera + Laptop = Permitted
- Laptop + Laptop = Not Permitted
Software or documents saved on the desk top will be safe until the laptop is turned off. Once the laptop turns off, it will delete downloads and documents saved on the desktop or document folder. All additional programs, documents, and personal files will be erased upon return of the equipment. Save your work to net storage or another device.
In most cases, loan periods are not extended.
Equipment returned beyond its assigned due date will result in daily overdue fees.
For further assistance, please call the Circulation Department, 509.359.7888.
The projector will include a VGA cable and you may check out an additional Mac adapter.
EWU students may borrow equipment from both campuses. However, equipment must be returned to the loaning campus.
Equipment is loaned on a first come/first serve basis. Reserving equipment is not an option. Please call 509.359.7983 or visit the JFK equipment checkout desk to see what’s available.
2013/2015 Dell laptop:
- Plug into the laptop
- Windows installer automatically installs drivers for the mic
- Once completed, right click on the speakers icon
- Select Recording Devices
- Check for Microphone Blue Snowball
- Right Click on Microphone Blue Snowball and set as default
- Plug into laptop
- Go to the Applications folders
- Select System Preferences
- Find and select the Sound option
- From the three options at the top of the window, select the Input tab
- Select the Blue Snowball option
You must be a currently enrolled EWU student to pay the Student Tech Fee and borrow equipment.