Eagle Volunteers Program
Office of Community Engagement
As part of the Office of Community Engagement, The Eagle Volunteers! Program provides EWU students the opportunity to participate in meaningful service both on campus and in the community. Our current service projects fall within 3 categories: K-12 Youth Mentoring, Hunger and Homelessness Awareness, and Large Scale/One Day projects. Click here to see our current Eagle Volunteer Leaders.
See how you can get involved and raise awareness about hunger and homelessness in our community.
Contact: Kayla Martinez, AmeriCorps Vista and Community Outreach Coordinator: 509-359-4006 CEAmericorps@ewu.edu
The Eagle Volunteers Program supports the Office of Community Engagement by connecting students to the needs of the community through meaningful service and fostering a culture of community engagement at EWU. The Eagle Volunteers Program accomplishes this work by:
- Providing EWU students transformative educational experiences through academic and co-curricular service-learning opportunities.
- Engaging and empowering students as leaders that model the way of engaged service on campus and in the community.
- Developing programs that are purposeful and provide an educational experience for our students while meeting critical community needs.
- Raising awareness of community needs, assets and social justice issues impacting the communities we serve.
- Serving as liaisons between the campus and community in order to cultivate strong campus-community partnerships.