While the PLUS program provides academic support services to over a thousand students per quarter, we cannot provide an in-person study group or tutor for every course or student. The list below provides additional resources on campus and online that can help students succeed in their coursework:
- PLUS Drop-In Tutoring 1) Drop-In Chemistry tutoring in the JFK Library and Learning Commons. Check in with an office aide at the PLUS Desk. 2) Drop-In Tutoring Nights in the Residence Halls in collaboration with Housing & Residential Life!
- View schedules using the link above.
- PLUS Online Tutoring is a user friendly online service that allows students to work with tutors online for a given subject or post questions.
- The Writers' Center in the Learning Commons provides responders who will meet with you individually for a one-time scheduled appointment or you can choose to schedule weekly appointments (they also offer Skype sessions and a texting service). Responders have a master's and/or doctoral degree.
- Book an appointment online at: https://access.ewu.edu/writers-center.
- The Kingston Math Lab in room 337 offers free walk-in math tutoring.
- Please view their schedule here: Math Lab Schedule
- The Economics Department offers free walk-in economics tutoring.
- Please contact them or more information regarding quarterly schedules.
- The Chemistry/Physics department provides drop-in tutoring.
- Khan Academy offers free assistance for a variety of subjects online.
- LyndaCampus provides free video tutorials for Microsoft software, Adobe, Python, Java, ArcGIS, MATLAB, Minitab, etc. This service is free to use for Eastern students but you will have to log on using single sign-on (SSO).