Training and Classes
Self defense classes with the EWU Police Department are provided to enhance your safety and security.
Classes will help you with the following:
- Identifying an imminent attack
- Close quarters combat tactics
- Defeating attacks from behind
- Creating opportunities for acquiring assistance during an attack
- Multitude of other combat skill sets
What you can gain from self defense classes:
- A new set of awareness, assertiveness verbal confrontation skills, and safety strategies.
- Physical techniques that enable you to prevent, escape, resist, and survive attacks.
For questions about self defense classes contact Officer Karlis at 509.359.6089 or email@example.com.
Critical Incident Response Training
The University Police Department typically offers Critical Incident Response training each quarter. Notifications are sent out to all employees via email.
To request this training for your department or unit, please contact Jennifer Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.359.6310.
Shots Fired on Campus
Click the button below to view the "Shots Fired" training video.
To schedule a Shots Fired on Campus training, please contact Jennifer Miller at email@example.com or 509.359.6310.
UW Active Shooter Preparedneses Training
Click the button below to view the "Active Shooter Preparedness" training video.