Your EWU Student Identification Number or SID is an 8-digit number. When using your number to log into EagleNET, you must use all 8 digits even if your number has leading zeros.
Requesting your SID
If you have forgotten, misplaced, or have not received your SID, you may request your SID:
Records and Registration in Sutton Hall or EWU Spokane Student Support Center
Faxed, mailed or “scanned and emailed” requests can be accepted. Your SID will be sent to you within three to five business days after receipt of the request. Written requests must include:
- Printed name
- Date of birth
- Address, email address, or fax where the SID is to be sent
- Telephone number where you may be reached for us to obtain additional information
- Dates of Attendance
- Signature (Note: the signature must appear on the page requesting the number, not the signature on the driver’s license or other identification that must be attached.)
- Copy of driver’s license or state identification card. Please lighten copy of card if you are faxing–we must be able to see your face and read your signature.
To protect student information from unauthorized use, telephone retrieval of your SID may be available if the caller is able to answer a number of specific questions.
Address/Phone number change
Use EagleNet to update your address and phone number. Log into EagleNET >Personal Information tab to make these changes. If you don't know your EWU ID or can't log into EagleNET, please email us to change your address/number.
Gender change–Please use the Student Update form.
No documentation is required to change your gender.
Name change–Please use the Student Update form.
You must submit a request in writing to the Records and Registration office to have your name changed on your official student record. Supporting documentation is required for a name change. When making your request in person, you will be required to show photo ID. Please allow two weeks for the name change to be processed.
Supporting documentation needed for a name change.
One of the following (if providing a copy of your certified document, please include a statement verifying it is a true certified copy):
- certified copy of court order
- certified copy of dissolution decree
- certified copy of a dissolution of domestic partnership
- marriage certificate
If the change is being processed for a student receiving financial aid, in addition to one of the documents listed above, you must provide information from your Social Security card showing the new name. In the event the primary documentation is unavailable, a minimum of two of the documents listed below must be presented to establish proof. At least one of the documents presented must include valid photo identification, a birth date, and a signature.
Acceptable documentation includes:
- valid driver's license
- valid military identification
- valid student ID (must contain date of birth and signature and may not be an EWU ID card)
- valid passport
- original copy of citizenship form that contains a signature and photograph
- a federally recognized Indian tribe's enrollment card
- United States Bureau of Indian Affairs ID card
- business license
- birth certificate
- utility, telephone, water, medical or other bills that show the name used
Additionally, if the change is being processed for a student receiving financial aid, in addition to one of the documents listed above, you must provide information from your Social Security card showing the new name.
The Student Update form may also be used to request a correction to your SSN or your birthdate.
For more information, please contact Records and Registration.
Visit SOAR for instructions to run a SOAR audit.
SOAR is an automated record reflecting academic progress toward degree completion. By considering completed coursework, your current EWU enrolled courses, and transfer coursework, SOAR provides timely information on your progress toward degree completion.