URC Fitness Center
The goal of the URC Fitness Center at Eastern Washington University is to educate our members about the importance of a balanced approach to physical fitness in an effort to improve their quality of life. This includes the fundamental components of a successful physical fitness program such as strength, endurance, flexibility, and cardiovascular training. Our goal is to instill a dedication to all aspects of fitness and promote positive lifestyle changes as an integral part of the wellness program at EWU.
Hours of Operation
Fall, Winter & Spring Quarters:
- M-F: 6:15 A.M. - 10:30 P.M.
- Saturday-Sunday: 10:15 A.M. - 9:30 P.M.
- Closed on all federal holidays.
Summer Quarter & Breaks:
- M-F: 7:15 A.M. - 8:30 P.M.
- Saturday: 10:15 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. (Closed Sundays)
Please note: Participants may continue working out 30 minutes after posted closing times.
15,000 square feet of fitness center space
- Strength Training: circuits, free weights, racks and platforms
- Cardio Equipment: treadmills, elliptical trainers, arc trainers, steppers, bikes, ascent trainers, climbmills
- Functional Equipment: functional trainers, stability balls, TRX, medicine balls, and Bosu
- Indoor running track (1/9 mile)
- Open gym for basketball and volleyball. Volleyball available every Tuesday and Thursday (and weekends by request)
- Fitness Instructors Available to assist members in their workouts
- Personal training is available for those interested in working with a certified trainer to assist you in achieving your fitness goals
- Fast Fitness (PHED 150; 2 credits) or Strength Training (PHED 152; 2 credits) is offered each quarter in the URC Fitness Center
Policies and Procedures
In order to provide our participants with a safe and beneficial exercise experience, the URC Fitness Center has developed the following policies and procedures. Fitness Center staff will strictly enforce these policies and procedures - and a participant's failure to follow these policies may result in expulsion from the facility. If you have any questions regarding these policies, please call the program director (Jake Rehm) at 359-4017.