Eastern Washington University is embarking on its next Five Year Strategic Plan (2018 - 2023). Over the last fifteen months, Eastern has engaged over 800 individuals in the strategic planning process. Representation has been from a broad spectrum of areas including faculty, staff and students (in both Cheney and Spokane) as well as community members and alumni. These individuals looked at Eastern through the lens of a divergent followed by convergent SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats) process. This process resulted in valuable feedback that led to the development of these overall draft goals.
The planning process is broken into five phases:
- Phase I (Complete): Environmental Scan & Establish Strategic Planning Committee
- Phase II (Complete): Maximize input from the university and community
- Phase III: Converge and refine input to develop goals. Develop Draft Plan with Goals, Strategies, Objectives and Metrics (a way to measure success).
- Phase IV: Campus feedback, Strategic Plan Finalization and Approval: Roll-out Strategic Plan
- Phase V: Implementation of Strategic Plan and development of College/Division plans.
If you have any questions regarding the Strategic Planning Process you can contact the Strategic Planning Committee Member from your Division/College or contact:
Chris Robbins | Director of Strategic University Planning
Institutional Effectiveness – Academic Affairs
220 Showalter Hall ▪ Cheney, WA 99004