Committee members as of January 1, 2018
- Dr. Scott Gordon, Provost & Vice President of Academic Affairs, Chair
- Chris Robbins, Director of Strategic University Planning, Vice Chair
- Mark Baldwin, Associate VP, Undergraduate Academic Policy & Planning, Academic Affairs
- Heather Veeder, Analyst, Undergraduate Academic Policy & Planning, Academic Affairs
- Dr. Chris Valeo, Professor of English, CALE
- Dr. Marty Weiser, Department Chair & Assoc. Professor of Mechanical Engineering, CSTEM
- Dr. Jonathan Anderson, Interim Dean & Professor of Psychology, CSS
- Dr. Morris Kalliny, Associate Dean & Assoc. Professor of International Marketing, CBPA
- Dr. Susan Burwash, Department Chair & Assoc. Professor of Occupational Therapy, CHSPH
- Dr. Lynn Briggs, Dean & Professor of English, University College
- Liya Deng, Social Sciences Librarian, Library
- Dr. Jackie Coomes, Professor of Mathematics, Faculty Organization
- Dr. Neil Woolf, Associate VP Enrollment Management, Student Affairs
- Virginia Hinch, Assistant VP Student Services & Exec. Director, Career Development, Student Affairs
- Trent Lutey, Associate VP Business & Auxiliary Service, Business & Finance
- Christina Blum, Fiscal Specialist, Advancement
- Chad Karthauser, Associate Athletic Director Business & Finance, Athletics
- Gaige Baisch, President Associate Students of EWU, ASEWU
Purpose:The planning process allows the university to prioritize the activities and resources that support our vision, mission, and values. The Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) is charged to support and monitor the planning process in the following areas:
1. The Committee: The Strategic Planning Committee is a standing committee established to develop and monitor the strategic planning process for Eastern Washington University.
The composition of the committee is as follows:
- Academic Affairs: 12 (Admin, CALE, CSS, CSTEM, CBPA, CHSPH, University College, Faculty and Library)
- Student Affairs: 2
- Business & Finance: 1
- Advancement: 1
- Athletics: 1
- Students: 1 (ASEWU)
Terms of service:
- Administrative committee members will be continuous.
- Non-administrative committee members will be set for a predetermined length of time.
- The Provost will serve as Chair of the Committee
- The Director of Strategic University Planning will serve as Vice Chair and manage the completed strategic plan and support assessment of the implementation plan.
2. Strategic Planning Process. The planning process will include the following:
- Development and oversight of all appropriate planning documents (Vision Statement, Strategic Plan, Implementation Plan, etc.).
- A 5-year cycle for implementation of the strategic plan.
- Identification of 3-5 strategic goals (no more than 5).
- Integrates the Academic, Enrollment Management, Budget, IT, Facility, Advancement, Student Services, Library and Athletics plans.
- Development of unit-level (colleges and divisions) plans aligned with the institutional-level plan.
3. Roles and Responsibilities. Committee members will be responsible for the following:
- Understanding the components of an institutional strategic plan and developing those that are necessary.
- Lead unit-level strategic planning sessions across campus.
- Actively participate in committee activities and discussions.
- Develop and support the objectives and goals of the institutional strategic plan.
4. Other Responsibilities. In addition to the roles and responsibilities above, Committee members will:
- Promote and advocate for implementation of the Strategic Plan to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively engage in disseminating information about the process, Plan, and its implementation.
- Be aware of strategic issues in the internal or external environment related to the institutional planning process and ensure that the Committee is informed.