EWU envisions a future of professionally, socially and culturally engaged leaders, citizens and communities.
EWU is a driving force for the culture, economy, workforce and vitality of Washington State. Our graduates think critically and make meaningful contributions to both their career fields and their communities.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
EWU achieves this mission by:
- fostering excellence in learning through quality academic programs, undergraduate and graduate student research and individual student-faculty interaction. Students extend their learning beyond the classroom through co-curricular programs, life skills development, internship programs, volunteering and service learning.
- creating environments for personal transformation that enrich the lives of individuals, families, communities and society at large.
- expanding opportunity for all students by providing critical access to first generation students, underserved populations, place-bound students, and other students who may not have the opportunity for higher education.
- developing faculty and staff by growing and strengthening an intellectual community and supporting professional
EWU is dedicated to the following key values:
- Student-centered learning environment: Students are the reason we exist.
- Quality: We strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Access: We expand access to opportunity and success for students.
- Inclusiveness: Our diversity makes EWU a stronger community.
- Integrity: We foster a culture of respect, commitment and honesty