“SWAN” The New EWU Social Work Alumni Network
A group of retired social workers have begun planning to develop a new alumni network intended to support all alumni of EWU’s Social Work school. Our starting group includes, Diana Valdez ‘85, Kateri Bishop ‘96, Annie Shea ‘96, and Jim Lippold, ’90. We would love for you to join us in developing this new resource! Just send us your name at (email@example.com) and we will invite you to participate.
- This Alumni Newsletter: Ideas & submissions of articles and news item are encouraged, as well as, information about your work or workplace, retirement, role as caregiver, etc.
- A Volunteer Day of Community Work/Play We will be doing some activities together for the benefit of a local nonprofit organization, e.g. painting, landscaping, etc.
- A Winter Holiday Social Gathering: This year Social Work Department Director Martha Raske, has volunteered her lovely new home to host the event.
- A Spring Reconnecting Social Event: This will be held the first Saturday in May, in Senior Hall’s stately ‘old’ lounge on campus.
- A list serve of alums for networking purposes.
PLEASE SEND US YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU WISH TO RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM THE ALUMNI NETWORK – YOUR CONFIDENTIALILTY WILL BE RESPECTED!