Graduate students: For academic reinstatement information, see Graduate Students, policy 303-22, Chp 4-1 (j)
Petitioning for Reinstatement
Undergraduate students who have been academically dismissed and who wish to return to EWU must petition for academic reinstatement. Before petitioning for academic reinstatement, please review the full Academic Probation, Dismissal and Reinstatement Policy.
Students academically dismissed for the first time are eligible to petition for academic reinstatement after remaining out of EWU for one academic quarter (Fall, Winter, or Spring). Students dismissed for a second time are eligible to petition for reinstatement after remaining out of EWU for one calendar year (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer). Both a first-time and second-time petition submittals need to state your readiness for academic success and reflect a more positive academic position. For guidance, think about and describe some of the specific steps you are going to take to achieve your stated academic goals.
Financial Aid Reinstatement
Please be aware, academic reinstatement is different from financial aid reinstatement. Furthermore, the approval of a Petition for Academic Reinstatement does not imply that financial aid will be reinstated. For clarification about this please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships directly for information about financial aid eligibility requirements.
To petition for reinstatement
- All returning EWU students must reactivate their EWU Email account.
- Complete Undergraduate Petition for Academic Reinstatement online form. Please answer the questions on the Petition (as a formal letter), if you need additional space you may upload a PDF document. No more than two (2) pages in length, single-spaced. A handwritten response will NOT be accepted. Please see the Guidelines to Petition for Academic Reinstatement for tips and suggestions for completing your petition.
- Attach official transcripts for any college or university coursework since your last attendance at EWU (or in progress transcripts, if grades are not yet available).
- Attach any documentation that may assist the Academic Reinstatement Committee in making their decision (such as a letter from a doctor or lawyer, or a police report).
- Students who have been absent from EWU for more than four quarters must apply for re-admission to EWU once their academic reinstatement has been approved. Please visit the Admissions Office website for information about applying as a Returning Undergraduate (former EWU student).
- Again, for guidance, think about and describe some of the specific steps you are going to take to achieve your stated academic goals.
Petitions and ALL supporting documentation must be received in Advising by 5 PM on the posted deadline:
|If the Student is Dismissed at the End of:||The Student May Petition to Return to EWU for:||The Deadline for Petition for Academic Reinstatement is:|
|Spring or Summer Quarter||Winter Quarter||October 31|
|Winter Quarter||Summer and Fall Quarter||April 30|
|Fall Quarter||Spring Quarter||January 31|
Please direct any questions to:
Dr. Chuck Lopez
Showalter Hall 207